This unit will change the way you look at jump equipment. Featuring both stand-alone mode and computer connectivity, this is the most versatile quiz equipment that you can buy anywhere.
Some of its features include:
- Equipment that grows with you. The box includes monitoring of up to 4 teams of 5, for a total of 20 quizzers. Buy pads or switches for as few as one team, and then add more as your local quiz program grows. This is the ultimate in upgradeability.
- USB computer connection. When connected to the computer via a USB cable, the box demonstrates its ultimate flexibility. Using your computer to manage the box with the included MatchMaker NextGEN™ software, scoring is done automatically. Projecting the computer screen onto a wall adds a new dimension to your quiz meets, allowing greater audience participation. Networked with the MatchMaker Director™ software, you will be able to run your whole meet with computer scoring and tabulation.
- Auto-Rewire™ technology. This technology allows the box to remove bad pads or switches, reordering the good switches. For example, if pad 3 is bad, it can be removed on the box, and pads 4 and 5 will register as 3 and 4. This technology also allows the string to be mirrored for more convenient arrangement of connector cords.
- Three power modes. This box can be powered from a wall outlet, USB computer connection or rechargeable battery. The battery recharges when the device is plugged into either USB or wall power. When unplugged, the device will operate for up to 100 hours (typical battery life is 40 hours). Charge it once a month and forget about it. You can even take this in the car with you on your way to quiz matches.
- Multi-tone buzzer. The buzzer can be configured to be on or off, or have different tones for each team. Different tones allows the audience to know audibly which team buzzed in.
- Multiple timers. Choose your organization in the configuration menu and the clocks are set automatically.
- One-man switch testing. Test the pads/switchs with just one person using the test mode. The test mode can even rewire out bad switches with its Auto-Rewire™ technology. No more headaches from bad pads!
- Flexible configuration. The interactive LCD display allows making configuration changes quick and easy. Change pad/switch arrangement, test switches, configure clocks, and much more with this easy-to-use configuration interface.
- Obsolescence protection. The device has a field-upgradeable computer that allows it to be automatically reprogrammed with new features as they become available. Just plug the box into your computer, run the update program, and the box will acquire new super-powers!
- Additional features.
- On power-up, the box shows "This is the property of ..." on the LCD screen, making sure that your box stays with you and does not go home with someone else following a quiz meet.
- The auxiliary control switch allows the quizmaster to control the reset switch and clock with a convenient hand-held switch. This is an especially good option for quizmasters to use at quiz meets.
- The power adapter allows the Console to be recharged in about 3 hours and provides a backup battery source if your battery gets low.
Finally, it looks like quizzing will have a cutting edge jump seat system. This exciting new product series should bridge the gap between existing stand alone systems leading the way to a reliable fully integrated tournament suite of equipment and software. We look forward to its debut with great anticipation.
This product appears to be an exciting addition to your companies already impressive line up. I can imagine every quiz team wanting to get their hands on this.
Best of luck!