These audio CDs, a word-for-word dramatic reading of Acts in the English Standard Version (ESV), are really popular with coaches and quizzers. With different voices for each person in the text, remembering facts is a lot easier. Hearing the Word really brings it to life.
This product is especially useful for young quizzers and auditory learners.
With each chapter on a separate track, it is easy to listen to chapters repeatedly.
This tool is an integral part of the Digging Deeper Study Guide's lesson plans and comes standard as part of our Quizzer's Package.
Note: The ESV Listening CDs are based on the original ESV (2001). When Crossway updated the ESV in 2011, they made 11 changes to Acts. The changes are summarized below (ESV2001 / ESV2011):
- 3:19 "turn again" / "turn back"
- 5:4 "men" / "man"
- 5:21 "council and all the senate" / "council, all the senate"
- 5:42 "Jesus as the Christ" / "that the Christ is Jesus"
- 9:3 "flashed" / "shone"
- 13:1 "member of the court of Herod" / "lifelong friend of Herod"
- 15:26 "sake" / "name"
- 17:27 "in the hope that they might feel" / "and perhaps feel"
- 18:26 "took him and explained" / "took him aside and explained"
- 20:26 "blood of all of you" / "blood of all"
- 28:16 "soldier that guarded" / "soldier who guarded"
I bought the John CD in 2010 for my daughter who was a quizzer, and listened to it in the car over and over again. I also downloaded it on to my ipod. I definitely recommend this resource!
We LOVE this resource. The recording is excellent and easy to listen to! We listened to other audio Bibles and even own one, but we would much rather listen to this version. This is really great for auditory learners.
I like the listening cd because I personally am not very good at focusing on what Im reading and also because I drive I can listen to it on the way to and from school which can be a half an hour one way I just wish it was all on one disc but that's my only difficulty
The kids have been very entertained by the audio CD. Thank you for making that available each year.